Austrian and foreign catalogues
Research in Austria
- The Austrian Library Network Search Engine / General Austrian Catalogue
- 10 million titles from more than 80 Austrian libraries, with main focus from 1980 on. Earlier literature was or is partly recorded in the framework of projects.
- Partial catalogue on periodicals and series
- A partial catalogue from the General Austrian Catalogue, specialised for periodicals, newspapers, and series.
- Overview of Austrian libraries and documentation centres
Austrian libraries, documentation centres, and related institutions. Arranged by provinces of Austria.
- INFONET Austria
Database on informational and documentation centres in the field of humanities and cultural studies in and about Austria.
Research in German-speaking areas and beyond
- KVK - Karlsruher Virtueller Katalog (Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue)
The KVK (KVC) is a meta-catalogue with reference to more than 500 million books and periodicals in libraries and bookshops all over the world.
- Zeitschriftendatenbank - ZDB (Periodical database)
- The ZDB (PDB) includes more than 1.3 million titles in all languages from 1500 till today and records 7.2 million ownership rights to those titles in about 4,300 libraries.
- The European Library (TEL)
A portal in which 47 national libraries – and of course the Austrian National Library as well – participate. At the moment 150 million data items can be researched, among them digitised holdings.