Book sponsors wanted
Would you like to help us preserve the Austrian National Library as a cultural treasure trove for future generations? Then we cordially invite you to become a book sponsor.
Three good reasons for becoming a book sponsor
- You support one of the most valuable libraries in the world.
- You finance the long-term conservation of valuable books, manuscripts, maps and posters.
- You help us to restore badly damaged books and other individual objects.
A success story
Our current book sponsors have already made it possible for us to save thousands of individual books, to employ additional experts, to purchase machinery and to conserve entire department holdings. We say THANK YOU!
More than just an anonymous donation
- With a donation of EUR 500.00 or more, you can become a book sponsor of the Austrian National Library. You decide whether it should be an item that needs conserving or an object you choose based on your interests or for a special occasion – in any case, the donation will be used for the conservation of our collections. You will receive an honorary certificate with your desired name and the title of your sponsored object. A book plate inscribed with your chosen name will be attached to your book or item (map, poster, music manuscript, etc.). Additionally, you will be invited to the Director General’s annual reception.
- If you donate € 1,000 or more, we will also invite you to take part in a selected tour of the Austrian National Library.
- Amounts less than € 500.00 are used for long-term conservation of our holdings.
- Tax deductibility of donations: Any donations made from 1 January 2017 may only be deductible for tax purposes as special expenses if the donors provide their date of birth as well as their first and last names (according to the register of residents) at least once to the organisation receiving the donation. The total amount donated will be sent directly to the tax authorities every calendar year and automatically included in the employee tax assessment. A confirmation of donation will no longer be provided.
In case of any donations you would like to offset against tax as special expenses, please provide your date of birth, as well as your first name and surname in the field entitled “purpose” (Verwendungszweck) (important: exactly as spelled on your certification of registration). For more information, please also see » here.
Tip: Give the gift of a sponsorship and surprise with a personalised voucher.
A timeless investment
Would you like to bequeath money? Do something good for the next generation and invest in the conservation of historical objects with a book sponsorship.
Did you know? Donations to the Book Adoption of the Austrian National Library are income tax deductible in Austria for private individuals and deductible as an expense for companies.
Thank you very much for your valuable contribution
Austrian National Library
BAWAG P.S.K. Bank für Arbeit und Wirtschaft und Österreichische Postsparkasse AG (BLZ 60.000)
Purpose: Book conservation
Christoph Kardinal Schönborn, Archbishop of Vienna
The conservation of historic artefacts is expensive and time-consuming. But it is the only way for knowledge to be preserved and passed on to future generations. For me, cultural responsibility is very important, and so I hope that many more people will take part in this campaign and “adopt a book” at the Austrian National Library.